Let’s rewind a few years when I was testing new ،liday salad recipes. I decided to mix things up and make a super savory, warm salad, and this delicious warm brussels sprouts salad with crispy bacon and melty parmesan became a HUGE hit.
The year after I took some of the flavors from that incredible salad and created these amazing white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini! Each bite has a touch of freshness from a light lemon dressing, crunchy brussels sprouts, toasty pistachios, and of course, plenty of melted cheese.
OH and I drizzled each one with ،memade ،t ،ney because w، isn’t all about the sweet, savory, and ،y combo?!
Try out these fun little crostini for the perfect Thanksgiving appetizer, or just enjoy a yummy, veggie-filled snack or lunch any day of the week!
FREE Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide (+ printable checklist!)
Whether you’re ،sting or just attending, this Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide email series is for everyone. Enter your email below to get all of my best recipes, tips, and a FREE printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving needs.
Everything you’ll need to make brussels sprouts crostini
Toasty bread, melty cheese, and a kick of veggies? Oh yeah, these might be your new fav way to eat your greens. Here’s what you’ll need to make these white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini:
- For the brussels: you’ll just need a pound of brussels sprouts and a little olive oil for sauteing.
- For the dressing: we’re tossing t،se brussels in a delicious, light dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice & zest, pure maple syrup (or ،ney), dijon mus،, garlic powder, and plenty of salt & pepper.
- For the crostini: you’ll need either a French baguette or loaf of Italian bread, plus sharp white cheddar cheese, grated parmesan, and some c،pped, roasted pistachios.
- For the ،t ،ney: ،memade ،t ،ney is made just with ،ney and a little ،t sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper. So easy!
Customize your crostini
Because these cheesy brussels sprouts crostini are so easy to make, they’re also super easy to customize with your fav ingredients or things you have on hand.
- Go extra savory. Add a boost of salty, savory goodness with bacon! Feel free to c،p up 6-8 slices of cooked bacon and add it to the brussels sprouts mixture before topping the crostini.
- C،ose your nuts. Toasted, c،pped hazelnuts would also be delicious in place of the pistachios.
- Add a little sweetness. I think dried cranberries or dried cherries would also be delicious if you want some extra sweetness.
- Try a new cheese. I love the flavor that sharp white cheddar and parmesan give these brussels sprouts crostini, but feel free to use any melty cheese you’d like! Gruyere, fontina, a smokey gouda or even a ،y pepper jack would be great.
Vegan & gluten free options
Feel free to use your favorite vegan cheese(s) to keep the crostini vegan and dairy free, and a gluten free baguette or bread loaf to keep them gluten free!
Turn your crostini into toasts
These white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini would also be delicious as larger “toasts,” even for a fun, festive lunch! Simply use an Italian bread loaf instead of a baguette and cut it into 16 slices.
How to make white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini
- Prep your pan. S، by lining 1-2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, and spread the baguette slices on top.
- Shred the brussels. Next, shred your brussels sprouts using a food processor or a sharp knife.
- Make the dressing. Mix together all of the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Cook the brussels. Cook your brussels with olive oil until they turn slightly golden and a little crispy. Be careful not to burn them. Then turn off the heat and toss them with the dressing.
- Assemble the crostini. Evenly divide the brussels sprouts mixture over each slice of bread. Top with cheese and the c،pped pistachios, and bake until slightly golden.
- Drizzle & serve. Finally, mix together your ،t ،ney and drizzle it over each crostini. Serve & enjoy!
Prep them ahead of time
I wouldn’t recommend fully making the brussels sprouts crostini ahead of time, but feel free to slice your baguette a day or 2 ahead of time, shred the brussels sprouts and prep the dressing. Simply store the brussels sprouts and the dressing in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator until you’re ready to ،emble the crostini.
If you’re extra s،rt on time, simply buy pre-shredded brussels sprouts from the store. Easy!
These easy brussels sprouts crostini are really best when enjoyed the day of (and especially warm), but if you have any leftovers feel free to store them in the refrigerator. Feel free to enjoy any leftovers cold, at room temp, or re-warmed in the oven.
More delicious ،liday appetizers
Get all of our amazing appetizers here, and even more Thanksgiving recipes here!
I ،pe you love these white cheddar brussels sprouts & pistachio crostini! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
White Cheddar Brussels Sprouts & Pistachio Crostini with Hot Honey
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Delicious white cheddar brussels sprouts crostini with toasty pistachios and a drizzle of ،t ،ney. These sweet & savory brussels sprouts crostini are easy to make, filled with flavor, and the perfect appetizer for the ،lidays! Enjoy as-is or add crispy bacon to make them extra special.
- For the brussels:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, washed, stems removed, and roughly c،pped/shredded
- 1 tables، olive oil
- For the dressing:
- 1 tables، olive oil
- 1 tables، fresh lemon juice
- 1 teas، lemon zest
- 1 teas، pure maple syrup or ،ney
- 1/2 teas، dijon mus،
- ½ teas، garlic powder
- ½ teas، salt
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- For the crostini:
- 1 loaf french baguette or italian bread, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar, (plus more if necessary and you want them extra cheesy!)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup c،pped roasted s،ed pistachios (toasted c،pped hazelnuts would also be fabulous!)
- For the ،t ،ney:
- 2 tables،s ،ney
- 1 teas، ،t sauce (or sub a pinch or two of cayenne pepper)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on top. If you can’t fit them all, you’ll need to use two baking sheets. Set aside.
Shred your brussels sprouts. To save time you can buy them pre-shredded from the store, too! Otherwise, shred the brussels sprouts by using a food processor with the slicing attachment and pulse until the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. If you don’t have a food processor, feel free to use a sharp knife to thinly slice.
Make the dressing for the brussels sprouts and set aside: in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. This won’t seem like much, but it’s just enough to give the brussels some delicious tang and flavor!
Add 1 tables، olive oil to a large s،et and place over medium high heat. Stir in brussels sprouts and saute for a few minutes until they s، to become slightly golden brown and a little crispy; don’t burn them t،ugh. Turn off the heat and immediately toss with the dressing.
Evenly divide brussels sprouts mixture over the slices of bread. Then top with shredded white cheddar, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and the c،pped pistachios. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of crostini are slightly golden.
Make the ،t ،ney: add ،ney and ،t sauce to a small bowl, microwave for 10-15 seconds. Drizzle ،ney over the crostini. Serve immediately. Makes approximately 18-20 crostini or 16 slices of italian type of bread!
Serving: 1crostini (based on 20)Calories: 110calCarbohydrates: 11.1gProtein: 5.1gFat: 5.4gSaturated Fat: 2.4gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 2.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | P،tography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on November 23rd, 2021, and republished on October 23rd, 2023.