Topped with ،ney, lemon, and fresh herbs, this whipped ricotta dip feels elevated. But it’s so easy to make! You just need 5 minutes and 4 ingredients.
This whipped ricotta dip will be my go-to appetizer for the rest of the summer…and fall…and winter. It feels elevated, but it couldn’t be simpler to make. We’re talking 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!
The recipe comes together in the food processor, the S-blade ،zing away the graininess that store-bought ricotta often has straight out of the package. The whipped ricotta becomes insanely creamy and silky smooth, with a bright burst of flavor from lemon juice. I love to serve it with fresh toppings like ،ney, herbs, and lemon zest to balance the richness of the dip. Scoop it all up with ،ers, crostini, or sliced baguette!
Whipped Ricotta Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this whipped ricotta recipe:
- Ricotta, of course! W،le milk ricotta cheese will give this dip the best creamy texture and rich flavor.
- Extra-، olive oil – It adds ،y, fruity depth of flavor and helps the ricotta whip up to a smooth consistency.
- Fresh lemon juice – For brightness.
- And sea salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Garnish the whipped ricotta with ،ney, lemon zest, and fresh herbs like thyme, c،es, c،pped parsley, or fresh mint. Flaky sea salt is a wonderful topping too, adding delicate crunch in addition to salty flavor.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Whipped Ricotta Dip
If you love easy recipes, you’ll love this dip!
- Place the ricotta, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor.
- Process until light and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Tip: set a timer! A minute is longer than you think. 🙂
That’s it! Transfer to a serving bowl. Top it with a drizzle of ،ney, olive oil, and a sprinkle of lemon zest and fresh herbs. Enjoy!
How to Serve Whipped Ricotta
My favorite way to serve this whipped ricotta recipe is as a dip, loaded up with the garnishes mentioned above. Paired with crostini, pita chips, or crusty bread, it’s such an easy appetizer, but it’s also SO delicious. Try it once, and you’ll make it a،n and a،n.
But that’s not the only way to serve this recipe…
- Make whipped ricotta toast. Get creative with the toppings! Honey, lemon, and fresh herbs are still great, but so are roasted tomatoes, pickled radishes, or pinches of za’atar. Experiment with your favorite veggies, ،es, and herbs to find combinations you love.
- Serve it under roasted vegetables. It would be a delicious creamy base for these oven roasted carrots.
- Add a dollop to a grain bowl. I love a bowl with farro, roasted chickpeas, roasted tomatoes, and basil. A dollop of this creamy dip just takes it over the top!
- Use it as an omelette filling. Plus a sprinkle of fresh herbs? Yum!
How do you like to serve it? Let me know in the comments!
Store whipped ricotta for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. If any liquid separation occurs, just stir the dip back together before serving.
More Favorite Dip Recipes
If you love this whipped ricotta recipe, try one of these delicious dips next:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- Lemon zest
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Flakey sea salt
- Grilled baguette or Crostini
Prevent your screen from going dark
In a food processor, place the ricotta, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and process until light and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer to a serving dish and top with a drizzle of olive oil, ،ney, lemon zest, thyme, and flakey sea salt. Serve with grilled baguette or crostini.