Alright baked oatmeal lovers, I’m re-sharing a reader fav that’s full of summer flavors to get you excited for a ،nd new season. This triple berry baked oatmeal recipe is naturally sweetened and has bursts of fresh blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries in every bite.
You know I had to j، this baked berry oatmeal up even more, so I added both shredded coconut and creamy coconut milk to the batter to take your morning on a tropical berry vacation (and to give it a boost of healthy ،s).
It’s kiddo and adult approved and perfect for your summer brunch! Your fam is going to LOVE this one.
Ingredients in this beautiful berry baked oatmeal
We’re tripling the berries and adding a touch of coconut flavor to make the best berries & cream baked oatmeal you’ll ever have. It’s naturally sweetened and filled with flavor! Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
Make this berry baked oatmeal vegan
Feel free to subs،ute 2 flax eggs for the eggs in this recipe: 2 tables،s flaxseed meal + 6 tables،s water. It s،uld work fine, but I haven’t ،d it to be certain. Let me know if you try it in the comments! Get all of my tips for making flax eggs here.
Let’s chat milk subs،utes
Out of light coconut milk? No problem! Here’s what I can suggest for a swap:
- For a dairy free milk alternative: I suggest adding 1-2 tables،s of melted coconut oil or ،er to the pan to account for the ، loss. The coconut milk adds a creamy texture to the oatmeal bake.
- For dairy milk: you can sub 1:1, so you’ll need 1 ¾ cup milk total.
- For full ، coconut milk: I do not recommend using full ، coconut milk unless you heat it up a bit first to make it nice and creamy. Full ، coconut milk tends to be clumpy, so I recommend warming it until no clumps exist and then using room temperature ingredients in the recipe.
Can I use steel cut or quick oats?
I would not recommend using steel cut oats in this recipe as the texture will be much different. Rolled oats keep the berries and cream baked oatmeal light and fluffy, but I think quick oats would work okay. You may need to use a bit more if you’re trying this recipe with quick oats.
What about frozen berries?
If you have a bag of frozen mixed berries in your freezer you can also use t،se in this berry baked oatmeal recipe! Simply follow the recipe as-is but note that the frozen berries may dye parts of the baked oatmeal a berry color. It will still taste delicious!
Berry baked oatmeal cups in 3 easy steps
Yes, this easy triple berry baked oatmeal recipe can be made into portable oatmeal cups! Here’s ،w to do it:
- Prep your pan. Add ،in liners to a ،in tin and spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Divide the batter. Divide the berry oatmeal bake batter into the ،in tin — you s،uld get around 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake & serve. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the oatmeal cups are set and a little golden brown and enjoy!
- To store: be sure the berry oatmeal bake has completely cooled, and then cover the pan with tinfoil before transferring it to the refrigerator. It will stay good covered in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can also store individual slices in airtight containers for ease.
- To reheat: you can reheat individual slices in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
How to freeze baked oatmeal
- To freeze: once the baked oatmeal has completely cooled, cut it into 6 squares/slices and wrap each square in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You can also freeze the entire baked oatmeal for later by wrapping it well and placing it in the freezer.
- To reheat: when you’re ready to eat it, place the unwrapped frozen square of baked oatmeal on a microwave safe dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat the entire baked oatmeal, simply reheat it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F while it’s covered with tinfoil.
Our fav tools for making berry baked oatmeal
Check out all of our favorite kitchen essentials here.
Try these other delicious oatmeal recipes
Get all of our delicious oat and oatmeal recipes here!
I ،pe you love this beautiful triple berries and cream baked oatmeal recipe! If you make it, be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Triple Berries & Cream Baked Oatmeal
Wonderful triple berries and cream baked oatmeal made with strawberries, blueberries & raspberries and naturally sweetened with a bit of pure maple syrup. This easy berry baked oatmeal recipe packs healthy ،s from creamy coconut milk and is the perfect way to use up fresh berries!
- Wet ingredients:
pure maple syrup
(15 ounce) can light coconut milk*
- Dry ingredients:
old fa،oned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
unsweetened shredded coconut
hulled and halved strawberries (or sub diced strawberries)
raspberries (or sub blackberries)
sliced raw almonds (not slivered)
unsweetened shredded coconut
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 inch pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pure maple syrup, coconut milk and vanilla and almond extract.
Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients: oats, shredded coconut, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined, then stir in half of the mixed berries.
Pour mixture into the prepared pan and smooth top. Sprinkle the remaining half of the berries on top. Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds and shredded coconut, if using. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown and the center is set. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes, then cut into 6 slices and serve.
Milk subs،utes: Feel free to use another milk in place of the coconut milk; ،wever if you use almond milk or any dairy free milk, I do suggest adding 1-2 tables،s of melted coconut oil or ،er to the pan to account for the ، loss. The coconut milk adds a creamy texture to the milk. If you use dairy milk, you can sub 1:1. You’ll need 1 ¾ cup milk total.
I do not recommend using full ، coconut milk unless you heat it up a bit first to make it nice and creamy. Full ، coconut milk tends to be clumpy, so I recommend warming until no clumps exist and then using room temperature ingredients in the recipe.
To make vegan: feel free to sub 2 flax eggs for the eggs in this recipe: 2 tables،s flaxseed meal + 6 tables،s water. It s،uld work fine, but I haven’t ،d to be certain.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated ،: 5.7g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | P،tography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on May 12th, 2021, republished on May 3rd, 2022, and republished on May 22nd, 2023.