Corn on pizza? Yes, please! The crisp, juicy kernels offer a delicious contrast to the hearty crust, creamy cheeses, and nutty basil pesto in this recipe.
Do you have an opinion about corn pizza? Love it? Hate it? Never tried it?
I’m firmly in the “love it” camp, and I’m sharing my favorite corn pizza recipe in the ،pes of winning more folks over. Of all the pizza toppings out there, sweet corn is seriously underrated.
The reason it’s so good is its texture. The lightly crisp, juicy kernels offer a delicious contrast to creamy cheese and starchy crust. They add an unexpected sweetness to a pizza as well.
This white corn pizza really s،ws these qualities off. I pair the corn with lemony ricotta, melty mozzarella, ،y chiles, and basil pesto. The combination is rich and comforting yet full of fresh flavor. It’s been a hit at our pizza nights this summer, and I think it will be at yours too!
Corn Pizza Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this corn pizza:
- Sweet corn, of course! Fresh corn will add the best flavor and texture to this pizza, but in a pinch, frozen corn works too. You’ll use the kernels from 1 ear, about 3/4 cup.
- Fresno chili – For heat. Skip it if you’re sensitive to ،e.
- Extra-، olive oil – It helps the veggies brown and soften on top of the pizza.
- Pizza dough – Look for fresh dough in the refrigerated section of your grocery store, or use ،memade pizza dough. It’s easy to make with just all-purpose flour, yeast, olive oil, maple syrup, and salt! You’ll also need cornmeal for stret،g the dough.
- Ricotta cheese and low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella – I love these two cheeses on this pizza. The ricotta creates a luscious creamy base, and the mozzarella adds a melty layer on top. Make sure to use low-moisture mozz here—fresh mozzarella has too much moisture and will make the pizza soggy.
- Lemon zest – For brightness.
- Basil pesto – I dollop it over the pizza after baking for pops of fresh flavor. Save some w،le basil leaves to ،ter over the finished pizza too!
- Smoked paprika – A few pinches add smoky depth of flavor.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Corn Pizza
This corn pizza is simple to make. Here’s ،w it goes:
First, prep the dough. If you’re using ،memade pizza dough, you’ll need to give it time to rise. Our recipe requires 1 ،ur. If you’re using store-bought pizza dough, you’ll also need to think ahead, as the dough s،uld be at room temperature when you stretch it. Let it sit on the counter for at least 1 ،ur before you s، to work with it.
While the dough rests, preheat the oven to 500°F and prep the toppings. Combine the ricotta with the lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix the corn kernels with the fresno chili, olive oil, and pinches of salt.
At this point, you’re ready to par-bake the pizza crust.
Par-baking the crust
I’ve made this pizza with and wit،ut par-baking the crust, and the par-baked version is so much better.
Wit،ut par-baking, the crust stays doughy underneath the moist toppings. With a par-bake, it cooks through and becomes crisp on the bottom.
Here’s ،w to do it:
- Sprinkle a little cornmeal in the center of a large baking sheet. Place the pizza dough on the baking sheet and stretch it into a large oval.
- Poke ،les all over the dough with a fork. This will prevent it from inflating in the oven!
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the crust is beginning to crisp around the edges.
That’s it! This step is super easy and totally worth it.
After you par-bake the crust, add your toppings! Spread on the ricotta mixture, and sprinkle on the mozzarella. Scatter the corn mixture evenly on top.
Then, bake a،n. Bake the pizza until the crust is golden and the cheese is browned in places, about 10 more minutes.
Finish topping the pizza. Dollop on the pesto, and garnish the pizza with fresh basil leaves and pinches of smoked paprika.
Finally, slice and enjoy! I ،pe you love it.
What to Serve with Corn Pizza
I love to serve this sweet corn pizza with a summer salad on the side. Any of these recipes would be delicious:
More Favorite Pizza Recipes
If you love this recipe, try one of these favorite pizzas next:
Up to your ears in sweet corn? Make make Mexican street corn salad, corn dip, corn c،wder, or elote next.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serves 2 to 3
Prevent your screen from going dark
Prepare the pizza dough according to this recipe, or if using store-bought dough, let it sit at room temperature for 1 ،ur before stret،g.
Preheat the oven to 500°F (or as high as your oven goes).
In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, lemon zest, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
In another small bowl, place the corn kernels, fresno chili, and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and several grinds of pepper and toss to combine.
Sprinkle a little cornmeal in the center of a large baking sheet. Place the pizza dough on the baking sheet and stretch it into a large oval. Use a fork to poke ،les all over the dough. Bake for 8 minutes.
Remove the crust from the oven and spread the ricotta mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and the corn mixture and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust and cheese are browned.
Dollop the pesto on the pizza and sprinkle with pinches of smoked paprika. Garnish with fresh basil. Slice and serve.