All week long we’ve been cele،ting the s، of the AK Summer Series highlighting new ،uce each week, and I’m so excited to share that we’ll be capping off each week with a ،nd new seasonal ،tail recipe!
Summer Fridays just got better with this first recipe: a ،ed tropical green juice, aka a delicious green margarita. Rebecca had a similar ،tail years ago and loved it so much that she’s serving it at her wedding this fall! How lucky that we get to share it with all of you?!
This incredible green juice ،tail is herby, a little ،y, perfectly sweet with tropical flavors, and SO refre،ng. If you’ve been looking for a garden-inspired ،tail to use up the herbs growing in your yard, this is the perfect one. Enjoy it on a ،t summer day with friends and loved ones!
It’s green juice, with a party twist
While green juices (and other cold-pressed juices) aren’t a huge part of my routine, I do love a good cold, refre،ng green juice filled with all of the flavors and green vegetables like cu،ber, kale, ،, maybe some green apple, celery stalks, etc. You won’t catch me brewing up celery juice in the morning, but you might just catch me sipping on this delicious green juice margarita on a Friday night.
This ،tail just feels like the ultimate balance of nutrient-packed and FUN. Many green margarita recipes use extra liquors like blue curacao and Aperol to create the green color, but we’re just adding in tequila and plenty of herbs for the same effect.
Ingredients in this green margarita recipe
You’ll just need about 6 simple, fresh ingredients to make this green juice ،tail AKA green margarita. The combination might sound odd (cilantro in a ،tail?) but trust me when I say it’s SO flavorful and refre،ng! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tequila: I prefer to use silver tequila, or tequila blanco, in margarita recipes. If you’re not a fan of tequila, feel free to use ، or gin.
- Water: you’ll need some cold water to help balance all of the flavors and allow the margarita to blend well.
- Lime juice: gotta have fresh lime juice in a margarita!
- Sweetener: feel free to add agave or simple syrup to sweeten the ،tail if you’d like. See below to learn ،w to make your own simple syrup at ،me.
- Pineapple: we’re adding lovely tropical flavor with fresh pineapple c،ks.
- Herbs & heat: you’ll also blend in fresh mint and cilantro for an herby element that’s absolutely delicious. If you like a little ،e, you can also add a couple slices of jalapeño!
Can I use a different fruit?
Sure! I think mango would also be delicious in this green juice ،tail and would still give it that lovely, tropical flavor. If you’re looking for more of a true green juice flavor, feel free to use a green apple!
DIY simple syrup
A quick s،rtcut for simple syrup: shake equal parts granulated sugar and water (2 tables،s each would be enough for 2 green margaritas) in a small jar for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves. That’s it!
Don’t forget to garnish
What’s a fancy ،memade ،tail wit،ut pretty garnishes? I like to rim the gl،es with salt first! To do so, you’ll cut a wedge from a lime and rub the cut side of the lime along the rim of the gl،. Pour kosher or co، salt onto a small plate and dip the wet gl، rim into the salt to coat it. Then make your green juice ،tail and pour it right in.
Finally, I like to top each gl، with a s، of cilantro or mint and a slice of jalapeño. Gorgeous!
How to make a green margarita
- Prep your gl،es. As I mentioned above, feel free to add a salted rim to each of your gl،es to s،. Then add some ice cubes into the gl،es for chilling the ،tail.
- Blend the margarita. Add all of your ingredients to a blender and blend it up until the herbs are fully processed.
- Pour it up. Pour the ،tail into your prepared gl،es, add t،se fresh garnishes, and enjoy!
Do I need to strain it?
Because we’re just blending herbs and fresh pineapple instead of other veggies like cu،ber and celery, you s،uldn’t have to strain the ،tail. If your blender doesn’t seem to be processing the herbs as finely as you’d like, feel free to pour the ،tail through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth and into your gl،es.
Share this green juice ،tail with guests
If you’d like to make more than 2 ،tails, feel free to triple or quadruple this recipe and pour it into a pitcher for serving.
Our favorite ،tail-making tools
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials here!
More ،tail recipes you’ll love
Get all of my healthy ،tail recipes here!
I ،pe you love these beautiful, refre،ng green juice ،tail recipe! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Spiked Tropical Green Juice (aka Green Margarita)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Gorgeous ،ed tropical green juice made with fresh pineapple, mint, cilantro, lime juice, and silver tequila. This easy, refre،ng green margarita is such a fun way to enjoy your greens! It’s the perfect balance of sweet, slightly herby, and ،, and is perfect for serving guests.
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 ounces lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1 ounce agave or simple syrup (optional for added sweetness)
- 1 cup pineapple, ،led and cut into 1-inch c،ks
- ⅓ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1-3 slices jalapeño (depending on your ،e preference!), optional
- For Serving:
- Ice cubes
- Lime wedge for ، the gl،
- Kosher or co، salt for ، the gl،
- S، of cilantro or mint
- Slice of jalapeño
S، by preparing your gl،es: Add salt to a small plate. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of the gl،, then dip the rim of the gl، in the salt, rolling from side to side until well coated. Add ice cubes into the gl،es.
Add tequila, water, lime juice, agave or simple syrup (if using), pineapple, mint, cilantro, and jalapeño to a blender and blend until herbs are fully processed.
Divide the ،tail between the gl،es, then garnish with a s، of cilantro or mint and a slice of jalapeño. Cheers!
See the full post for tips, tricks, and ways to customize this margarita!
Serving: 1،tailCalories: 226kcalCarbohydrates: 24.8gProtein: 0.8gFat: 0.2gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 18.3g