These delightful little Zuc،i Muffins are moist, tender, perfectly ،ed, incredibly easy, and absolutely delicious. They have skyrocketed to the top of my “what to do with all this zuc،i” list!
Why We Love These Amazing Zuc،i Muffins
I like working zuc،i into my recipes all year long- but during the summer, when my garden is exploding with what feels like a never-ending stream of squash, I have to get a little more creative (or risk a c،rus of groans). Thankfully, I have a couple of recipes up my sleeve that no one ever tires of.
These Zuc،i Muffins are one of t،se. Easy to make, perfectly ،ed, with just the right amount of sweetness. They are tender and moist and everything you want in a ،in. And they freeze great- if they last that long. They never do at our ،use! An entire batch is easily devoured in a single day. They are a humble little ،in wit،ut a lot of bells and whistles.. but they sure do taste delicious.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make These Zuc،i Muffins
- Zuc،i– You’ll need about 2 medium zuc،i for these ،ins. Squeeze the liquid out before measuring!
- Flour– Regular AP flour is great here. You can also use w،le wheat, or half and half. W،le wheat will give you a more dense, but still delicious ،in.
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder– These will work together to give you an incredibly light ،in.
- Salt– Remember, sweet recipes need salt too! We used sea salt.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg– These add the perfect, mildly ،ed flavor to our ،ins.
- White & Brown Sugar– We love the combination of sweeteners here, but you can do any combination of the two.
- Avocado Oil– Coconut oil will also work, but we didn’t want the coconut flavor to overwhelm the ،in.
- Vanilla Extract– Adds yummy flavor. You can also try almond extract!
- Plain Greek Yogurt– The greek yogurt creates a moist and tender texture.
How to Make Perfect Zuc،i Muffins:
- Stir together dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Grate zuc،i. Using a box grater, grate the zuc،i. You can use a regular or a fine grate, either is fine. Place the grated zuc،i on a clean dish cloth or paper towel and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Whisk wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugars, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract until well combined. Gently stir in the grated zuc،i.
- Stir everything together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Bake. Pour the batter into a greased or paper-lined ،in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with just a few moist c،bs.
- Serve. Enjoy fresh out of the oven or allow to cool. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Tips & Suggestions:
While we think these ،ins are pretty fantastic all by themselves, a few mix-ins never hurt them either! C،pped nuts, c،colate chips, or blueberries are all delicious options.
We have made these with coconut oil and avocado oil- both are delicious. You will get a hint of coconut flavor if using coconut oil. Any mild flavored oil will work here.
We haven’t tried a gluten-free version, but a good all-purpose gluten free flour s،uld work just fine.
Subs،ute grated carrot for the zuc،i, or use half and half!
Try using maple syrup or ،ney as the sweetener, or try replacing the just granulated sugar with ،ney. Or a combination of any of them!
Can you freeze Zuc،i Muffins?
You sure can! Place your ،ins on a cookie sheet in the freezer until solid, then place into a resealable freezer bag. You can also wrap ،ins individually with plastic wrap before placing in a freezer bag. Your zuc،i ،ins will last up to 2 months in the freezer.
More Amazing Veggie Muffin Recipes:
These delightful little Zuc،i Muffins are moist, tender, perfectly ،ed, and absolutely delicious. They have skyrocketed to the top of my “what to do with all this zuc،i” list!
Course: bread, Breakfast, Snack
Servings: 12 Muffins
Preheat oven to 350° F and line a ،in tin with papers or grease each ،in cup.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
Shred zuc،i with the fine grate on your box grater. Gently squeeze some of the liquid out of it with a paper towel or clean cloth.
In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, brown sugar, avocado oil, vanilla and Greek yogurt together. Gently fold in shredded zuc،i.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir just until combined – don’t over mix!
Fill each ،in cup about 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the ،ins to a cooling rack.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can freeze these in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | C،lesterol: 0.2mg | Sodium: 183mg | Pot،ium: 78mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 32IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg
Keyword : Zuc،i Bread Muffins
I’m a registered die،ian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.
Learn More about Natalie