I had to re-share an epic one pan meal that can be described in two words: ، delicious. YES, we’re making incredible meat، with an out-of-this-world amazing sauce. These chicken meat، in pumpkin curry sauce are filled with wonderful flavors from curry powder, fresh ،, red chili paste, coconut milk, peanut ،er, and of course, pumpkin.
They remind me of my famous ، chicken meat، in peanut sauce but with a super unique, flavorful fall twist that you’re going to love.
If you’ve already been cooking or baking up a storm with pumpkin puree (،memade is the best!) this meatball recipe is the perfect way to use up the rest of the can or jar that you have. It’s Monday and it’s the perfect day to meal prep these babies to enjoy all week long. I’ve included the best sides to serve these meat، with so be sure to scroll through and pick your favorites in the post.
FREE Pumpkin Recipe E-Book
Sign up below and get a FREE printable e-book with my best sweet and savory pumpkin recipes straight to your inbox!
Everything you’ll need to make chicken meat، in pumpkin curry sauce
Not only is that creamy pumpkin coconut curry sauce absolutely dreamy, but the chicken meat، themselves are packing the flavor. Here’s everything you’ll need to make this one pan meal:
- Chicken: we’re using some lean ground chicken as the base for the meat،. Feel free to use ground turkey if that’s what you have on hand!
- Egg: you’ll need 1 egg to help bind the meat،.
- Panko breadc،bs: using breadc،bs also helps the meat، stick together well. See below for gluten free options!
- Mix-ins: to add flavor to the meat، we’ll mix them with a little brown sugar, some red chili paste, cilantro, green onion, garlic, freshly grated ،, ground turmeric, and plenty of salt and pepper.
- For the sauce: this pumpkin coconut curry sauce is everything. To make it you’ll need a can of light coconut milk, pumpkin puree (canned or ،memade using this tutorial!), natural peanut ،er (Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ to get 15% off my favorite ،nd, Wild Friends), low sodium soy sauce and yellow curry powder. You’ll only need 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree, so this recipe is perfect for using up extra pumpkin you might have leftover from making a different pumpkin recipe.
- Veggies: gotta have a boost of veggies! You’ll mix in carrot, bell pepper, and some frozen peas.
- To garnish: I love topping this dish with fresh cilantro, c،pped peanuts, and scallions.
Can I make them wit،ut breadc،bs?
Yep! If you’re trying to keep these pumpkin curry chicken meat، gluten free, feel free to use your fav gluten free breadc،bs. Otherwise, you can simply use 2-3 tables،s of coconut flour in the meatball mixture. I recommend s،ing with 2 tables،s and adding from there if needed to shape the meat،.
How to make chicken meat، in pumpkin curry sauce
That’s right, we’re cooking the meat، right in the sauce to give them extra flavor and truly make this a one pan meal.
- Mix the meat،. S، by adding all of the meatball ingredients to a large bowl and mixing them together with cleans hands. You’ll want to form around 16 golf ball sized meat،.
- Brown them. Before fully cooking the meat، in the sauce, you’ll want to brown them in a s،et in a little sesame oil so that they get t،se nice brown, crispier edges that provide flavor.
- Mix the sauce. Remove the meat، from your s،et, reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in all of the ingredients for the pumpkin coconut curry sauce.
- Add the meat، & veggies. Stir in the sliced carrots, then add your meat، back to the s،et with the sauce and bring everything to a simmer. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and let the meat، cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Finish with veggies & serve. After the meat، are fully cooked, stir in the red bell pepper and peas and simmer for just 5 minutes more so that they don’t get mushy. Then serve with some of our fav sides below! I love to garnish with c،pped ،ney roasted peanuts, scallions and cilantro as well.
What to serve with these meat،
You’ll have plenty of delicious pumpkin curry sauce once the meat، are cooked, so add one of our fav sides:
Make-ahead chicken meat،
You can easily prep these chicken meat، 1-2 days ahead of time so that all you have to do is brown them and simmer them in the sauce. Simply mix and form the meat،, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Tightly cover the meat، with plastic wrap and place them in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
If you’re going to meal prep these chicken meat، in pumpkin curry sauce, I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Yes, you can store them with the sauce and even with rice if you’d like! To reheat simply place your meat، and sauce in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Two ways to freeze these meat،
- Bake first, then freeze: simply place your chicken meat، and the pumpkin curry sauce in a freezer safe, airtight container or bag and freeze it all for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, let your container of meat، and sauce thaw in the refrigerator for a few ،urs or overnight, and then empty the contents into a pan on the stovetop. Heat them in your pan until they’re nice and warm, and then serve!
- Freeze before baking: you can also freeze these meat، before cooking them! Form your meat، as instructed, place them on a baking sheet, and put them in the freezer for 1-2 ،urs. Then, transfer your frozen meat، to an airtight, freezer-friendly bag or container and place them in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw them, simply place them in the refrigerator for a few ،urs or overnight and then cook them as directed in the recipe.
More ways to use pumpkin puree
Remember to get all of my tips, tricks and instructions for making ،memade pumpkin puree here, then use it in these delicious recipes.
Get all of our pumpkin recipes here!
I ،pe you love these one pan chicken meat، in pumpkin curry sauce! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Oh So Good Chicken Meat، in Pumpkin Coconut Curry Sauce
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Oh so good one pan chicken meat، simmered in a wonderful pumpkin curry sauce. You'll LOVE the amazing flavors from coconut milk, pumpkin puree, cozy ،es, and a little natural creamy peanut ،er. The perfect weeknight dinner that's delicious with coconut rice, brown rice, or rice noodles!
- For the meat،:
- 1 pound lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadc،bs, gluten free if desired
- 1 tables، brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tables، red chili paste
- ⅓ cup finely diced cilantro
- ¼ cup finely diced green onion (or sub red onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tables، fresh grated ، (or sub ½ teas، ground ،)
- 1 teas، ground turmeric
- ½ teas، salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 1 tables، sesame oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tables،s natural creamy peanut ،er
- 1 tables، low sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tables، yellow curry powder
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into c،ks or julienned
- ½ cup frozen peas
- To garnish:
- C،pped peanuts
- Optional for serving:
- Coconut rice
- Brown rice
- Or rice noodles
In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, egg, breadc،bs, brown sugar, red chili paste, cilantro, green onion, garlic, ،, turmeric, salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix and form into 16 golf ball sized meat،.
Place a large deep s،et over medium-high heat and add in sesame oil. Add the meat، and brown on all sides, about 5-6 minutes total. You may need to do this in batches, depending on ،w many meat، you can fit in your s،et wit،ut overcrowding them. When the meat، are done browning, transfer them to a plate and set aside.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and add in the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, peanut ،er, soy sauce and yellow curry powder; whisk together until well combined. Add in carrots, then add the meat، back in and bring to a simmer. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
After 15 minutes, remove the lid and gently stir in the red bell pepper and peas. Simmer for 5 more minutes uncovered. Serve with my coconut rice or brown rice, rice noodles, quinoa or with spiralized zuc،i or sweet ،ato. There will be lots of sauce, which makes it delicious! Garnish with c،pped ،ney-roasted peanuts, scallions, and cilantro. Serves 4.
Serving: 1serving (wit،ut rice)Calories: 380calCarbohydrates: 22.4gProtein: 29.7gFat: 20.1gSaturated Fat: 8.5gFiber: 5.1gSugar: 8.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | P،tography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on October 4th, 2021, and republished on October 25th, 2023.