This Mediterranean quinoa bowl is a delicious weeknight dinner or healthy lunch! Great for meal prep, it’s packed with veggies, chickpeas, and more.
Quinoa bowl recipes are some of my favorite easy meals to toss together for a healthy lunch or weeknight dinner. I love them because
- They’re customizable. You can change up the quinoa bowl toppings based on what you’re craving or what you have on hand.
- They’re great for meal prep. Cook the quinoa and mix up a tasty sauce over the weekend. Then, quickly ،emble quinoa bowls all week!
- They’re super satisfying…not to mention tasty! I fill my quinoa bowls with protein-packed quinoa, fiber-rich veggies, and big drizzles of a flavorful sauce. It’s the ultimate combination of healthy and delicious.
You can put almost any vegetable, protein, or sauce in a quinoa bowl, so I encourage you to try to making your own. But to get you s،ed, I’m sharing my go-to Mediterranean quinoa bowl recipe below, plus tips for customizing it and making it ahead. It’s a staple in my kitchen. Whether you follow it to the letter or totally change it up, I ،pe it becomes one in yours too!
How to Make These Quinoa Bowls
This Mediterranean quinoa bowl s،s with simple, fresh ingredients:
- Cooked quinoa, of course! Any type of quinoa works well—white, red, black, or tri-color.
- Spiced roasted chickpeas – Along with the quinoa, they pack this bowl with plant-based protein. They also add delicious crunch!
- Cherry tomatoes and Persian cu،bers – For a veggie punch! If you can’t find Persian cu،bers, English cu،ber is a great sub. If regular cu،ber (not Persian or English) is your only option, ،l and seed it before adding it to the bowls.
- Avocado – For creamy richness.
- Garlic yogurt sauce – This sauce is SO easy to stir together—no food processor or blender required! It’s a bright, creamy combination of Greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, and fresh lemon juice.
- Pickled red onions – For a bright pop of flavor.
- Fresh parsley and mint – They make this quinoa bowl super flavorful and refre،ng.
- And Aleppo pepper flakes – They add a touch of heat. Can’t find them? Regular red pepper flakes work here too!
To ،emble, fill a bowl or meal prep container with a base of quinoa. Then, add the chickpeas, vegetables, avocado, and drizzles of the garlic yogurt sauce. Top with pickled onions, fresh herbs, and pinches of Aleppo pepper. Season to taste, and enjoy cold or at room temperature.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below!
How to Cook Quinoa
If you’re new to cooking quinoa, don’t let it intimidate you! Preparing it is very similar to cooking rice on the stove. Here’s ،w I do it:
- Rinse the quinoa, and place it in a saucepan with water. (I use 1 3/4 cups water for every 1 cup of quinoa.)
- Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat, and cover the ،.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Remove the ، from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
Fluff the quinoa with a fork, and enjoy! For more detailed instructions, check out my post on ،w to cook quinoa. Or try cooking quinoa in the Instant Pot!
Make-Ahead Tips for This Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
This Mediterranean quinoa bowl recipe is great for meal prep!
S، by cooking the quinoa, making the yogurt sauce, and roasting the chickpeas. Then, ،emble bowls in meal prep containers with the quinoa, roasted chickpeas, tomatoes, cu،ber, and pickled onions.
Store them in the fridge for up to 4 days, and store the sauce in a separate container in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat, drizzle on the sauce, and add the avocado and fresh herbs. You’ll have the BEST weeknight dinner or quick lunch.
**Wait to add the avocado and fresh herbs until right before serving so that they don’t wilt or brown in the fridge.**
Customize Your Quinoa Bowl
I love this recipe as written, but feel free to make it your own! Here are a few easy ways to change it up:
Let me know what variations you try!
Make it vegan. For plant-based quinoa bowls, replace the garlic yogurt sauce with tahini sauce or hummus.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
More Grain Bowl Recipes
If you love these healthy quinoa bowls, try one of these grain bowl recipes next:
Crazy for quinoa? Try my Mediterranean quinoa salad, quinoa burger, or quinoa breakfast bowl next.
Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prevent your screen from going dark
Cook the quinoa according to this recipe.
Meanwhile, make the smoky chickpeas: Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the chickpeas on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the smoked paprika, ،in, salt, and cayenne. Toss to coat and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
Assemble bowls with the quinoa, smoky chickpeas, cu،bers, tomatoes, and avocado. Top with pickled onions, mint, and pinches of Aleppo pepper. Drizzle with garlic yogurt sauce and serve.