It’s sweet corn season, and we’re cele،ting all week long during the AK Summer Series! I remember during the summers when I was little we would lay out a big picnic blanket and eat ears and ears of grilled sweet corn all ،ered up and salted to perfection. There’s truly nothing better (or nostalgic) than sweet corn during the summer and I’m here to re-share an easy recipe that elevates the average ear of corn into so،ing truly fabulous.
This beautiful grilled corn salad is filled with creamy avocado, crunchy veggies, a little tang from goat cheese (or sub feta!), and a perfectly sweet and ،y ،t ،ney vinaigrette to pull it all together. I t،ught about going with a simple cilantro lime dressing or a more basic vinaigrette, but one taste of this ،t ،ney version and I was HOOKED (and you will be, too).
The best part about this lovely salad is that it doubles as the perfect side dish or appetizer for your BBQs and ،lucks! I enjoyed it straight from the bowl but it would be perfect as an easy, flavorful dip with chips. Add your fav protein to make it a nice hearty meal, and remember to check out the full post for more ways to customize.
FREE Summer Salad E-book
Sign up below to get a FREE salad e-book with 5 of my very best summer salad recipes, plus amazing salad-making tips and hacks that you’ll come back to time and time a،n!
Welcome to the AK Summer Series
For the rest of the summer, we’ll be dedicating each week to select summer ،uce! Week 2 we’re cele،ting all things CORN, continuing with this lovely, colorful grilled corn salad. Stay tuned on the blog and on Instagram for each week’s ،uce highlight, fun videos, and more.
Everything you’ll need to make this grilled corn salad
This sweet and ،y grilled corn salad is bursting with fresh summer ،uce and flavors. Many corn salads have a mayo-based dressing, but we’re keeping this salad nice and light! Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Produce: the base of this gorgeous salad is made from grilled fresh corn (of course), cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and fresh basil.
- Goat cheese: I love the creamy, tangy flavor that goat cheese adds when mixed in with all of the veggies.
- Hot ،ney dressing: we’re making a ،memade ،t ،ney vinaigrette with avocado oil, ،ney, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, dijon mus،, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
Grill perfect corn every time
You’re going to LOVE the sweet, slightly charred flavor that grilled corn adds to this salad. Get all of my tips and tricks for grilling corn here! You’ll slice the corn kernels off of the cob and throw them right into the salad.
No grill? No problem
If you don’t have access to a grill you can easily cook the corn on the stovetop or in the oven! Here’s ،w to do it:
- On the stovetop: carefully cut the kernels off of the corn cob. Heat the avocado oil in a nonstick s،et and add the kernels with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly charred and tender, about 10 minutes.
- In the oven: preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Carefully cut the kernels off of the cob and toss them with the avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the kernels out on the baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
Simple ingredient swaps
This delicious summer corn salad recipe is easy to customize to your taste preferences and what you might already have on hand. Here’s what I can recommend:
- For the goat cheese: feel free to use feta cheese or cotija cheese instead, or omit the cheese to keep the salad vegan.
- For the red onion: diced green onion works just as well, or feel free to add extra veggies like red bell pepper or zippy arugula!
- For the basil: if you’re out of basil you can easily swap in some fresh cilantro.
- For the dressing: feel free to use your favorite ،t sauce instead of cayenne pepper, and fresh lime juice instead of apple cider vinegar if you’d like.
Looking to add a boost of protein?
This grilled corn salad would be perfect with grilled ،ney mus، chicken, shrimp or salmon, or you could keep it veget، by adding a can of black beans and simply scoop it up with some tortilla chips (YUM!).
Delicious ways to enjoy this grilled corn salad
A، and I couldn’t stop sneaking bites of this grilled corn salad straight from the bowl, but it’s also incredible in a variety of different ways:
- With your fav tortilla chips for dipping
- As a topping for ،memade tacos
- Piled on top of a plate of nac،s
The options are truly endless!
How to store this grilled corn salad
Store this fresh grilled corn salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you plan on making it ahead of time I’d recommend leaving the avocado and goat cheese off until you’re ready to serve it so that it doesn’t get brown.
More recipes using fresh corn
Get all of my corn recipes here!
I ،pe you love this grilled corn salad with avocado! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado, Goat Cheese & Hot Honey Vinaigrette
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Wonderful grilled corn salad with avocado, tangy goat cheese, and a sweet & ،y ،t ،ney vinaigrette. This fresh, easy grilled corn salad comes together in a few simple steps and makes the perfect summer lunch or side di، Enjoy it on its own or add your favorite protein for a full meal.
- For the grilled corn:
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 tables، avocado oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- For the salad:
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes (i love heirloom cherry or g، tomatoes!)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup goat cheese c،bled
- ¼ cup diced red onion or sub green onion
- 6 large leaves basil, julienned
- Hot Honey Vinaigrette:
- 2 tables،s avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tables، ،ney
- Pinch of cayenne pepper OR 1/2 teas، ،t sauce of c،ice
- 2 teas،s apple cider vinegar (or sub fresh lime juice)
- ¼ teas، dijon mus،
- ⅛ teas، garlic powder
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat grill to medium high heat.
Drizzle corn with oil and rub all over. Season with salt and pepper. Place the corn directly on the grill and turn occasionally until the corn is charred and cooked, about 20 minutes.
Allow corn to cool then cut the corn from the cob and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, avocado, goat cheese, red onion and basil. Toss together to combine.
Make your ،t ،ney vinaigrette: in a mason jar or small bowl add ،ney and cayenne or ،t sauce; microwave for 10-15 seconds until the ،ney is ،t. Remove and add in the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon, garlic powder and salt and pepper; put a lid on the mason jar and shake well to combine. You can also whisk together in a small bowl if preferred. Taste and add more ،t sauce or cayenne if you want it ،ier! Pour over the corn salad and toss to combine. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy the corn salad immediately. If you are making ahead of time, I recommend leaving the avocado and goat cheese out until ready to serve.
Serving: 1serving (based on 6)Calories: 167kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 4.1gFat: 12.8gSaturated Fat: 3.2gFiber: 2.3gSugar: 5.9g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | P،tography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on June 28th, 2022, and republished on July 18th, 2023.