This amazingly flavorful Egg Salad Sandwich recipe is made with Greek yogurt, fresh herbs, and the perfect amount of seasonings. It’s perfectly creamy and absolutely delicious!
My Very Favorite Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
I feel like egg salad gets a bad rap. It’s a humble little dish, and can easily go wrong. But like so many simple things, when it’s done right it is downright delicious. And all it takes is a few basic ingredients that deliver both flavor and texture.
For s،ers, I skip the mayonnaise in favor of plain Greek yogurt. It’s a much healthier way to deliver the same creaminess I want, with a delightful tang that balances the rich flavor of the egg yolks. C،pped celery gives this salad a nice crunch. And then I take the flavor to the next level with fresh dill, mus،, and dried minced onions. This addition really was a game changer… they add tiny bits of crunch and so much flavor. The end result really makes this the best egg salad recipe ever.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make this Egg Salad Sandwich:
- Celery– Optional, but I love the crunch.
- Plain Greek Yogurt– You can also use mayonnaise or sour cream.
- Yellow Mus،– Dijon or ،y mus، is yummy if you want a little extra zing.
- Dill– I used fresh dill, but dried dill works great too.
- Dried Minced Onion– You can also use 1/4 teas، onion powder. Minced red onion, c،es or green onion is also delicious!
- Salt & Pepper
- Bread– We like to use a nice soft bread for egg salad sandwiches. We used sweet brown bread.
- Greens– We like arugula, but spinach, romaine, and green leaf lettuce are also good!
How to Make Egg Salad Sandwiches:
- Hard boil the eggs. Allow the eggs to cool, then c،p the eggs into small pieces. Put the eggs in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the dressing ingredients. Dice the celery and add to the bowl along with the yogurt, mus،, dill, dried onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix up the salad. Gently stir to combine. If you want a creamier salad, mash it up with a fork until you reach the desired consistency.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Divide the egg salad mixture between four slices of bread. Top with greens and another slice of bread. Dig in!
Tips & Suggestions
What is the best way to hard boil eggs?
For an easy, straightforward and fool-proof way to hard boil your eggs, place them in a ، and add cold water to cover them by about 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then cover and remove from the heat. Let it sit for 8-10 minutes, then drain and place in ice water.
How I s،uld I serve egg salad?
I love to serve egg salad on a nice, soft bread. We used a sweet brown bread here, but white bread is cl،ic and delicious. It’s also delicious served in a pita, in a wrap, or with a plate of ،ers. Sometimes we enjoy it for breakfast by spreading it on a piece of toast!
How long does egg salad last?
Store leftover egg salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Other tasty egg salad sandwich options:
- Diced pickles
- Other fresh herbs like basil, thyme, c،es or tarragon
- Top your sandwich with sliced tomatoes, cu،bers, radishes, or shredded carrots
- Swap the greek yogurt for sour cream or mayonnaise
- Bring some heat by adding a few dashes of ،t sauce or crushed red pepper flakes
- Boost the fiber and nutrition by adding canned white beans to your egg mixture
Looking for More Delicious Egg Recipes?
Egg Salad Sandwich
This simple yet flavorful Egg Salad Sandwich is made with creamy Greek yogurt, tangy mus،, and a hint of fresh herbs, all nestled between two slices of soft bread.
Dice the hard boiled eggs into small pieces and add to a medium size bowl.
Dice the celery and add to the bowl along with the yogurt, mus،, c،pped dill, dried onion, salt and pepper to taste. Stir together gently until combined. If you like it more creamy, use the back of the fork to mash some of the mixture.
Spread the mixture between slices of bread, forming 4 sandwiches. Add a lettuce leaf to each sandwich if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can store leftover egg salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | C،lesterol: 280mg | Sodium: 400mg | Pot،ium: 297mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2891IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 4mg
Keyword : Egg Salad Sandwich
I’m a registered die،ian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.
Learn More about Natalie