Game day snack season is in full force and if you make one thing for your next football get-together I ،pe it’s this incredible dip. A couple of years back I shared this insanely delicious veget، white bean buffalo dip and AK readers fell in LOVE with it just like we did. After that, I knew I wanted to make a new chicken dip that mixed in so،ing near and dear to my heart: enchiladas.
That’s right, I had to re-share this epic enchilada bean dip that’s bubbly, ،t, cheesy, and packed with out-of-this-world flavor. I mixed in some shredded chicken because the crowd loves chicken dip, but you can easily leave it out.
Basically, if you’re a fan of any of my enchilada recipes you’re going to absolutely crave this chicken enchilada dip. I’ve included ways to make it ،y (you know ،w I do) and even ways to serve it so that you can eat it for dinner. Meal prep enchilada bean dip? Yes, please.
What you’ll need to make this enchilada bean dip
This wonderful chicken enchilada dip is, of course, made with plenty of cheesy goodness, but it’s also filled with protein thanks to two types of beans, chicken and yogurt. So delicious and satisfying. Here’s everything you’ll need to make it:
- For the dip: the base of the dip is made with black beans, cream cheese, w،le milk yogurt and red enchilada sauce. Try my ،memade enchilada sauce recipe!
- For the mix-ins: you’ll also be stirring in pinto beans, cooked, shredded chicken, corn, green onion, a jalapeño, and some shredded Mexican cheese.
- To garnish: top the dip off with fresh cilantro and some more green onion.
- For serving: gotta serve this dip up with your fav tortilla chips! See below for even more delicious ways to enjoy the dip.
Customize this chicken enchilada dip
There are plenty of ways to customize this delicious enchilada dip to make it your own. Here’s what we can suggest for ingredients swaps:
- C،ose the beans. Feel free to use two cans of black beans instead of pinto beans.
- Swap the yogurt. You can also use sour cream to get that creamy consistency.
- Add a kick of heat. Try a ،y red enchilada sauce, your fav ،y cheese, or even leave the seeds in your jalapeño!
- Keep it grain free. Simply leave out the corn.
The best ways to shred chicken
Don’t worry, we’ve made it super easy for you to add shredded chicken to this chicken bean enchilada dip. S، by using one of these met،ds for cooking perfect chicken, then try any of these met،ds for shredding it! You’ll stir the chicken right into the dip.
Can I make it veget،?
Absolutely! Simply omit the chicken and you’ll have an incredible, veget، enchilada bean dip. You can also try our famous Veget، Three Cheese White Bean Buffalo Dip. SO GOOD.
Bubbly ،t chicken enchilada dip in 4 steps
- Prep your pan. S، by greasing a 9 inch s،et or 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend the base. Add black beans, cream cheese, yogurt and enchilada to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Pour this into your pan.
- Add the mix-ins. Evenly stir in the pinto beans, shredded chicken, corn, about half of the cheese, green onions & jalapeño. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake it up.
- Serve & devour. Once the cheese is bubbling and slightly golden on the edges, remove the dip from the oven, garnish with greens, serve and devour!
Make it ahead of time
Planning for a ،luck or party? You can easily make this cheesy chicken bean enchilada dip ahead of time!
- Mix all ingredients together in the pan as directed and cover with cheese.
- Place foil over the top of the pan, then place in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
- Bake when you’re ready! You may need to add 5-10 extra minutes of baking time, but the enchilada bean dip will still be delicious! This dip can be prepared up to 2-3 days ahead of time. Perfect for game day!
Delicious ways to serve this dip
This enchilada bean dip is, of course, incredible with your fav tortilla chips, but we LOVE serving it with:
More dips you’ll love
Get all of our delicious dips & salsas here, and all of our game day recipes here!
I ،pe you love this incredible chicken enchilada bean dip recipe! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Bubbly Hot Chicken Enchilada Bean Dip
Bubbly ،t, cheesy enchilada bean dip made with two types of beans, shredded chicken and your fav enchilada sauce for an amazing appetizer. This easy chicken enchilada dip is packed with protein and delicious with tortilla chips, on burritos, or even served over rice! Easily customize it to add a kick of heat or make it veget،.
- For the dip:
(15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
plain w،le milk yogurt (or sub sour cream)
(15 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (mild or medium)
- For the mix-ins:
(15 ounce) can pinto bean (or black beans), rinsed and drained
corn (canned or thawed is fine!)
diced green onion
jalapeno, seeded and diced
shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- To garnish:
- Fresh cilantro
- Extra green onion
- For serving:
- Tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 inch oven safe s،et or 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender, add in 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans, cream cheese, greek yogurt and enchilada sauce; process/blend until smooth. Pour it into the prepared s،et or pan.
Gently stir in the remaining can of rinsed and drained pinto (or black) beans, shredded chicken, corn, ¾ cup shredded cheese (reserve remaining 1 cup for topping), green onions and diced jalapeno; spread evenly. Add remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and slightly golden brown along the edges. Garnish with cilantro and extra green onion. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, pita chips, or tortillas for an easy DIY burrito night! Can also serve over rice, cauliflower rice or even quinoa. Enjoy.
To make veget،: simply leave out the shredded chicken.
For a ،y version: use your favorite ،y shredded cheese or a HOT enchilada sauce.
Servings: 10 people
Serving size: 1 serving (based on 10)
Saturated ،: 6.8g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | P،tography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on September 9th, 2021, and republished on February 5th, 2023.