Hi! It’s Summer Cocktail Friday! Are you ready for #3 in our series? Good, me too.
After making this incredible Cherry Lime Smoothie a few weeks ago our team fell in love with ALL THINGS CHERRIES. So, you know we had to bring make a ،tail version of that delicious, nostalgic cherry limeade flavor.
Enter: the cherry lime ،tail of your dreams. This ،ed cherry limeade is equal parts sweet and ، with a fun, bubbly finish that will have you and your guests jumping for joy. We’re mixing it up from the lovely margarita recipes we love to share and bringing you this ،-punch-style ،tail made with fresh ingredients (no mysterious jungle juice here). I love this one because there’s no need to blend or strain anything, just mix and serve.
Of course, feel free to leave out the ، to make the perfect mocktail! However you make it, remember to add a gorgeous sugar rim and some fresh cherries & lime slices on top for the ultimate treat. Cheers!
Ingredients in this cherry lime ،tail
This gorgeous ،ed cherry limeade is the perfect balance of sweet and ، using super simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tart cherry juice: be sure to use a good quality cherry juice that’s not from concentrate so that the ،tail has a true cherry flavor.
- Sweetener: feel free to use agave or simple syrup to sweeten the ،tail. See below to learn ،w to make your own simple syrup!
- Lime: you’ll need both fresh lime juice and limeade for that ، punch. I used this ،nd in this recipe because it doesn’t have that overly artificial flavor.
- Vodka: we’re adding the party and ،ing this cherry limeade with ،!
- Soda water: w، doesn’t love a good bubbly ،tail? A couple of cans of soda water (aka seltzer water or club soda) will do the trick.
- To serve: I like to rim the gl،es with co، sugar and add fresh lime slices and cherries. So pretty.
Make your own simple syrup
A quick s،rtcut for simple syrup: shake equal parts granulated sugar and water (1/4 cup each would be enough for all 6 cherry lime ،tails) in a small jar for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves. That’s it!
Can I make a mocktail?
Absolutely! Feel free to leave the ، out to make a fun ،memade cherry limeade mocktail.
J، up each gl،
Instead of salt (like in my margarita recipes) I like to add a sugar rim to the gl،es for this cherry lime ،tail! To do so, you’ll cut a wedge from a lime and rub the cut side of the lime along the rim of the gl،. Pour regular or co، sugar onto a small plate and dip the wet gl، rim into the sugar to coat it. Then make your ، cherry limeade and pour it into the gl،es with ice.
I also like garni،ng with fresh lime slices and cherries for a pretty look.
Delicious cherry lime ،tail in 4 simple steps
- Make the base. S، by stirring together the cherry juice, agave, lime juice, and ، in a large pitcher until the agave dissolves.
- Add the fillers. Gently stir in ice, limeade, and 1 of the cans of soda water.
- Prep your gl،es. If you’d like, add the sugar rim to your gl،es as well as ice.
- Garnish & serve. Pour the ،tail into each gl،, leaving a little room at the top, then top each gl، with a splash of more soda water. Garnish with a fresh lime slice and a cherry if you’d like!
Our favorite ،tail-making tools
- The perfect ،tail shaker (you won’t need it for this specific recipe)
- I love using this hand juicer for all things juicing
- Nice gl،es like the ones I used in this recipe
- A pitcher for serving a party
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials here!
More ،tail recipes you’ll love
Get all of my healthy ،tail recipes here!
I ،pe you love this ،ed cherry limeade recipe! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Perfectly sweet and ، ،ed cherry limeade made with 6 simple ingredients for a wonderful party pitcher! This easy cherry lime ،tail comes together in just 10 minutes and is great for serving guests at your next gathering. Options to make it into a delicious mocktail included!
- For the ،tail:
- 1 cup ، cherry juice (not from concentrate)
- ¼ cup agave or simple syrup
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup ،
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1 ½ cups limeade (we used Santa Cruz ،ic)
- 2 cans (3-4 cups) soda water
- For serving:
- Lime wedge for ، the gl،
- Co، or regular sugar for ، the gl،
- Ice cubes
- Fresh lime slices
- Fresh cherries (optional)
Add cherry juice, agave (or simple syrup), lime juice, and ، to a large pitcher and stir with a s، until the agave dissolves.
Add in 3 cups of ice, limeade, and 1 can of soda water, stirring gently to mix.
Prepare your gl،es: Add sugar to a small plate. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of the gl،, then dip the rim of the gl، in the sugar, rolling from side to side until well coated. Add ice cubes into the gl،es.
Pour cherry limeade into gl،es, leaving a bit of room at the top, and top with a splash of soda water. Garnish with a cherry and slice of lime on the rim of the gl،. Cheers!
To make it a mocktail, just leave out the ،.
Serving: 1،tailCalories: 180kcalCarbohydrates: 22.9gProtein: 0.2gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 19.4g