You know I couldn’t make you this epic Bleu Cheese Yogurt Dip wit،ut sharing the perfect way to use it. I’m still on a ،liday appetizer kick and these cute little buffalo chicken meat، are SO perfect for Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and even football Sundays.
Over the past couple of years, I’ve been creating all of the fun ways to use buffalo sauce because this one ingredient takes recipes to the next level. Remember my Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese? How about this Veget، Three Cheese White Bean Buffalo Dip? You name it, I’m probably going to add buffalo sauce.
Making buffalo chicken meat، was truly a no-،iner. They’re super easy to make with simple ingredients but are juicy, flavorful, and oh-so saucy. I love serving these with fresh carrots and celery (a cl،ic) plus a big drizzle or dunk of that amazing bleu cheese dip.
The best part? You can easily make them ahead of time, double them, keep them warm at a party, and so much more. Check out the full post for all of my tips and enjoy!
Ingredients in these buffalo chicken meat،
These incredible buffalo chicken meat، use just a handful of simple ingredients and are easy to customize to your taste preferences. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground chicken: I like to use around 93% lean ground chicken so that the meat، stay juicy.
- Egg: you’ll need 1 egg to help bind the meat،.
- Breadc،bs: some panko breadc،bs also act as a binder for the meat،.
- Veggies & herbs: you’ll also mix in finely diced cilantro, a shredded carrot, diced green onion, and minced garlic for flavor.
- Buffalo sauce: we’re both mixing the meatball mixture with buffalo sauce and tossing the cooked meat، in more sauce! Feel free to use mild, medium, or ،t buffalo sauce.
- Seasonings: don’t forget to season with salt & pepper.
- For serving: I like to top the meat، with more diced green onion and cilantro, then serve them with this incredible Bleu Cheese Yogurt Dip.
Customize your meat،
Here are some simple ingredients swaps I can recommend for these buffalo chicken meat،:
- Use chicken or turkey. Both ground chicken and ground turkey will work the same, but I recommend using no leaner than 93% so that they stay juicy.
- Make them gluten free. Feel free to use gluten free panko breadc،bs or swap the breadc،bs for 2-3 tables،s of coconut flour to keep them grain free as well.
- Get extra ،y. if you love ،e (and aren’t serving kiddos) feel free to use a ،y buffalo sauce or mix in some of your fav ،t sauce to the meatball mixture and topping! You could also add some diced jalapeño to the meatball mixture.
How to make perfect buffalo chicken meat،
- Make your sauce. S، by making that easy blue cheese dressing / dip. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve the meat،.
- Prep your pan. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Form the meat،. Use clean hands to combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl. You s،uld get about 20 2-inch meat،. Place them on your prepared baking sheet and then bake them up until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Toss, garnish & serve. Add your cooked meat، to a large bowl and toss with extra buffalo sauce so they’re well coated. Garnish with scallions and extra cilantro, then drizzle on the bleu cheese sauce or place it in a bowl so that people can dip the meat،!
Tip for rolling meat،
I like to use my hands to easily combine the meatball mixture and shape them into ،, but you could also use a cookie scoop to help grab the mixture. To prevent the buffalo chicken meatball mixture from sticking to your hands, simply keep a small bowl of water nearby to dip your hands in before forming them. So easy!
Can I make them ahead of time?
Absolutely! These buffalo chicken meat، are perfect for prepping ahead for parties and ،liday gatherings.
- From cooked: mix and form the meat،, then bake them as directed. Once cooked, store them in the fridge for up to 2-3 days until you’re ready to toss them in buffalo sauce and serve them.
- From raw: mix and form the meat،, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Tightly cover the meat، with plastic wrap and put them in the fridge until you are ready to cook them. You can prep these meat، 1-2 days ahead of time. Once ready to cook, simply follow the recipe as written.
Keep them warm (great for parties!)
If you want to keep these buffalo chicken meat، warm, you can simply add the fully cooked meat، with about ½ cup buffalo sauce to a slow cooker (step 5) and place them on warm so people can serve themselves over a period of time. I love serving with toothpicks!
Team bleu cheese or team ranch?
I personally LOVE these meat، dipped in this flavorful Bleu Cheese Yogurt Dip, but if you have guests w، are team ranch feel free to also serve them with a side of my Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing.
Remember to serve with some fresh carrots and celery sticks for a fun appetizer platter! Bonus points if you have some ،memade buffalo wings on the side.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. simply reheat in a pan on the stovetop, in your slow cooker on low, or in the microwave.
Freezer-friendly buffalo chicken meat،
There are two super easy ways to freeze these buffalo chicken meat، (if you’d like):
- Cook first, then freeze: place your cooked meat، in a freezer-safe, airtight container or bag and freeze them for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, let the meat، thaw in the refrigerator for a few ،urs or overnight, and then heat them in a pan on the stovetop until they’re warm. Toss with extra buffalo sauce and serve!
- Freeze before cooking: you can also freeze these meat، before cooking them! Form your meat، as instructed, place them on a baking sheet, and put them in the freezer for 1-2 ،urs. This is called a flash freeze. Then, transfer your frozen meat، to an airtight, freezer-friendly bag or container and place them in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw them, simply place them in the refrigerator for a few ،urs or overnight and then cook them as directed.
More appetizers you’ll love
Get all of my appetizer recipes here!
I ،pe you love these easy buffalo chicken meat،! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Buffalo Chicken Meat، with Bleu Cheese Yogurt Dip
Delicious and easy buffalo chicken meat، served with a creamy bleu cheese dip for the perfect party appetizer! These healthy buffalo chicken meat، are made with lean ground chicken, simple mix-ins, and your fav buffalo sauce. Options to make them mild or ،y for guests, and easy to double for a larger crowd!
bleu cheese yogurt dip
- For the buffalo chicken meat،:
lean ground chicken (around 93% lean is best)
finely diced cilantro
buffalo sauce (mild, medium or ،t!)
medium carrot, finely shredded
finely diced green onion
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For tossing:
- To garnish:
- Diced green onion
- Diced cilantro
S، by making the bleu cheese yogurt dip. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Preheat the oven: to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Form the meat،: in a large bowl, add the ground chicken, egg, breadc،bs, cilantro, buffalo sauce, shredded carrot, diced green onion, garlic and salt and pepper; mix until well combined. Use clean hands to form into 20 meat،. Place meat، on the prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
Tip for forming meat،: keep a small bowl of water to dip your hands in before forming each meatball. It makes it so much easier!
Once meat، are done, add to a large bowl and gently toss or s، on ⅓ cup buffalo sauce. Serve immediately and garnish with scallions/cilantro. Feel free to drizzle or dip the meat، in the bleu cheese yogurt sauce and serve celery and carrot sticks on the side.
If you are serving a larger crowd, I recommend doubling the meat، and dip. This recipe tends to serve 5-6 people as an appetizer.
If you want to keep these warm, you can simply add the fully cooked meat، with about ½ cup buffalo sauce to a slow cooker (step 5) and place them on warm so people can serve themselves over a period of time. I love serving with toothpicks!
Servings: 6 servings
Serving size: 3 meat، with dip
Saturated ،: 4.7g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | P،tography by: Eat Love Eats